Monday, March 14, 2016

Gel Eyeliner Showdown!

Gel Eyeliner Show Down! 

Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner vs L'Oréal  Paris Infallible Gel Lacquer Liner


Time for a beauty product show down! Today I'm reviewing and comparing Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner and L'Oréal Paris Infallible Gel Lacquer Liner. Points will be awarded on a scale from 1-5 for how long they last, how smoothly they can be applied, pigmentation, smudge factor, and water line potential. 

First up:
Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner 
Claim:
24 hours
Smudge proof 
Waterproof
Safe for sensitive eyes
Safe for contact lenses

Comes in 4 shades: Brown, Charcoal, Eggplant, & Blackest Black.

Price: $8.34 - $9.99
Available at Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, Target, Ulta, and Amazon.


Okay, so I chose this eyeliner in brown for my more neutral and natural looks. It is what I would describe as a muddy brown shade. It glides on pretty smoothly at first, and the brush is fantastic. However, the pigmentation is lacking and after a few days it dried up fairly badly , even with the lid screwed on tightly and it develops a clay-like texture and consistency. I wouldn't say that it lasts 24 hours, and it definitely isn't smudge proof. It is pretty waterproof though, so that is a plus. It didn't last long on my waterline. That was pretty disappointing.

Here's a photo of it applied onto my eyelid and waterline:

Score Card
Long lasting: 3
Smoothness of application: 2
Pigmentation: 3
Smudge proof: 2
Waterline potential: 1
Total: 11/25

The verdict:
I'll pass on this one. There's room for improvement and they need to change up the formula of this eyeliner before I'll ever give it another go.


L'Oréal Paris Infallible Gel Lacquer Liner 




Claim:
24 hours 
High shine lacquer finish
Smooth application
Safe for contact lenses
Safe for sensitive eyes 

Comes in 5 shades: 
Blackest Black, Bronze, Dark Slate, Espresso, & Navy

Available at Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, Target, Ulta, and Amazon.

Price: $7.20-$9.99


This one I chose in the shade Espresso. It's a nice, rich, brown-black color that definitely has a sheen to it. It glides on very smoothly and the pigmentation is wonderful. I love the brush that comes with it and it's easy to clean, I wipe them with baby wipes to get rid of any product buildup. I even like to use these brushes for my eyebrows, they're the perfect size and shape! This particular eyeliner doesn't dry out in the pot as easily as the Maybelline counterpart, no clay-like cakey mess. This one truly lasts for hours on end, even when I accidentally slept in it. (I know! Bad, bad!) I woke up with it mostly intact. It doesn't smudge that badly, but if you rub your eyes hard, it will naturally smudge a little. It's fairly waterproof but I don't think I'd go swimming with it on. It works amazingly well on your waterline, at least it did for me, and that is what impresses me the most. I have always had issues with eyeliner on my waterline smudging and just gliding off, but not this one! 
This is my all time favorite eyeliner.


Here's a photo of my other eye with it applied: 

Score Card
Long lasting: 5
Smoothness of application: 5
Pigmentation: 5
Smudge proof: 4
Waterline potential: 4
Total: 23/25

The verdict:
My absolute favorite eyeliner, it goes on smoothly, lasts for hours, and is gorgeous. There isn't really anything I'd want to improve. 


WINNER:
L'Oréal Paris Infallible Gel Lacquer Liner 

No comments:

Post a Comment