Friday, March 18, 2016

Time, Please Slow Down....

    My daughter is about to turn 5 next week and I am feeling quite emotional. Where has the time gone? What happened to my chubby cheeked little baby? Soon, come fall, she will be in kindergarten! It blows my mind and I wish I could freeze time. No, I am so not ready for this. Don't get me wrong, I am certainly not a helicopter parent, I do not hover over her and follow her every move. However, my baby is....no longer a baby and that is tough.

Where did this adorable baby go?

    Gone are the days of being able to carry her everywhere on my hip, cheering excitedly at every tiny milestone, kissing her little face repeatedly without her being the slightest bit embarrassed, now it will be homework, more tantrums, boys, ack....boys! I dread that day. No, Miss A, you may not date until you are 25! (In case you didn't pick up on it, breathe, I'm joking) One day she will be embarrassed to be seen with me instead of rushing up to me with her arms outstretched like I am the greatest thing since sliced bread, or in her case, Hello Kitty.



    I may miss the baby stage right now, but I know we are in store for many wonderful years together full adventures, hugs, laughter, and fun. I will get to watch her grow into a beautiful young lady and eventually a beautiful woman. She is smart, funny, and super creative with a love for painting, drawing, photography, clothes, and pink. So much pink. Seriously it looks like a bubblegum factory exploded in her room. She even insisted on putting a pink lightbulb in there, which makes me twitch but she absolutely loves.

    So here is to my beautiful, smart, hyper little girl. Happy birthday, sweetie! We all love you very much.



No comments:

Post a Comment